Tuesday 10 February 2009

Zhengzhou day 4



Today I'm going to break my tradition of always uploading images and never any text.

Anyway, today I my discovered the camera district of Zhengzhou and although most of the shops did not sell any ricoh at all but on the the usual canon and Nikon stuff, one shop did sell them. This in itself is rather boring but they did not have any old ricoh camera, they sold the blue cheesy looking GRD1 !! :) Now I must be the only one to think this camera looks not so great however it's as close as you can get to a disposable looking camera without re-doing the paint job yourself (see my other posts on pink cameras).

They are asking 3300 RMB for it so I'm still thinking if i should get it and think later or not... The pound it very low at the moment so this would be around 300 pounds.

Other than that the usual scooting around town trying to get a nice pic but today I'm not very happy with the results. May post one later.

One last thing : Google blogger spell check detects that 'nikon' is wrong and offers me 'Nikon' but 'ricoh' is detected wrong but Google offer no suggestions that match 'Ricoh'... This is very disappointing.

2 comments:

mike said...

I like the google part about ricoh. Oops. Google. Ricoh. I'm disppointed too.

The blue GRD doesn't look so bad to me after using it for a while. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I like it. :P

Enjoy the trip and keep us posted!

Tom said...

hehe chris told me you had the blue one. Looks cool and I would certainly buy one if i didnt already own 2x GRD1 cameras + a GRD2 :P

I like that when you power it off they changed it so instead of the ricoh logo you get those wings. Really cool camera to own if you don't already have 2