Saturday 21 February 2009

Hong Kong day 6

Today we met up with fellow Ricoh blogger Nevin from http://ricoh-gx.blogspot.com/ . After taking us for some delicious breakfast we went to Mong Kok take some snaps in areas we had not discovered yet. This was a great opportunity to talk about cameras. After showing him the cool dials on the RD1 my technical problems started.
The first was a dial miscalibation : the quality dial no longer aligned up with the paint markings. Fortunately I discovered while in the MTR that Epson put a dial calibration utility into the menu system. Secondly in the evening I discover that my computer cannot read my SD card... :(. I found a nice peice of free software from lexar to get back all my jpeg files fortunately but all my ERF raw files are for now stuck on the card. Will try to recover them in London.
After Mong Kok we decided to go to Pen Chau island which was around 45 minutes away on the ferry. I was not too impressed with the place although the sea view was superb even if there was a lot of humidity in the air.





















2 comments:

Nevin said...

I'm also glad to have the opportunity to meet you both, Tom. I uploaded a photo taken at the flea market to the ricohforum for the Feb contest. Try your fishmonger ladies one. It's got a special atmosphere in the image. Think about it again.

Peng Chau is not as good as the other one. It is a great place for a walk across to the other pier in fall though.

Wish you both a smooth flight back. Hope tha you'll manage to get back the RAW files :).

Nevin
(PS: During the yumcha I said mog and you said fog. I was lost on the word and I actually meant the "smog" drifting from the factories to here in summer.)

Tom said...

Hi Nevin, the meetup was great and I managed to see some nice things. Peng Chau got us quite bored :) Its a good thing we went to other islands afterwards. Unfortunatly we didnt get to do Macau this time but ill make sure to do it next time.
Writing this at the airport waiting for the plane. Its really sad to leave this great place.

Tom