Sunday 12 October 2008

So many things to try

Well it seems there are a few nice things to try out there. Recently I've been using ACDsee pro 2.5 on a trial. While it seems to do everything I need it to do on a basic level it won't open RAW files from my RD1s. While in Photokina, I discovered the latest bibble 5 which looks very similar to lightroom as in the colour of the interface, kind of discreet style if you are familiar with combustion. Bibble won't open RAW files from the GRD however, but does open RAW from the RD1s :). This for me doesn't quite work though as I want 1 tool to run on the Q1 ultra that will do everything. 
I always found it a pain to work with images in Blogger. There is no tool I know of that will show me all the pictures I have uploaded and let me update or run basic manipulations on them. What I really need is an interface within ACDsee that works with google picasa web albums. 
I recently discovered dropbox. This little tool will create a folder on your desktop that will synchronise with their remote server running on amazon ec2 :) . This is actually great because I can organise pics with ACDsee and just drop all my pics i need publishing online to a specific folder. While I have not really done anything yet, i'm eager to test this out a bit. The advantage would be that instead of uploading pics to Blogger, i could just provide a link to my dropbox pubic folder to a specific pic. This will also ensure it's up to date and not re compressed by the server. 

...

1 comment:

Marco said...

One tool for everything is what I like too. For me Lightroom does everything from sorting, keywords, processing and exporting. There is now a plug-in that exports directly to Flickr. I believe Lightroom 2 supports all your cameras. You can find the full list of supported cameras here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html