Ok I met up with Cristian from gr-diary and tried to come up with some ideas how Ricoh could make the GRD3.
Here are a few ideas we had :
* Keep the chasis as-is, perhaps make it a little taller if required.
* Remove the flash and bundle a small hotshoe flash
* next to the ON button, please a small monochome LCD screen that would echo the same menu's as the colour LCD screen.
o This could have metering information permenantly displayed. If one pushes the adjust button, it would display the first element of the ricoh menu and the front wheel would allow you to scroll though the values. The [O] button that normally toggles the framelines would have an additional function of illuminating the top LCD.
* Below the hotshoe, add a button that simply turns on or off the colour LCD display.
* make the lens protrude slightly more and add a manual focus ring
* Create a new OVF addon which would display information and focus
I will post of picture of what this could look like tonight :)